Glorious GMMK vs Logitech - g613 comparison test
October 05, 2017
We've already compared our Glorious Gaming Modular Mechanical Keyboard to three other flagship keyboards. This time, we're focusing on the Glorious GMMK vs Logitech - g613 comparison test.
This article does NOT talk about the overall benefits of using a mechanical keyboard. On the contrary, it assumes you already know the basics and pros of using mechanical keyboards. For more information on why mechanical keyboards are all the hype nowadays, click here.
NOTE: We are not affiliated with Logitech in any way.
Glorious GMMK vs Logitech - g613 comparison tables
|Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard (GMMK)||Gaming mechanical keyboard||Full, TKL pre-orders available||Sandblasted aluminum faceplate||US Layout||Available on website|
|Logitech G613®||Wireless gaming mechanical keyboard||Full||Sturdy, matte gray and black plastic||US Layout||Available on website|
Mechanical switches and keycaps
- About to order a Glorious GMMK? Then, you'll notice that we let you choose from 6 *different mechanical switches:
|Name||Gateron Green||Gateron Red
||Gateron Blue||Gateron Brown||Gateron Black|
*You can experiment with other mechanical switch brands with the Glorious GMMK. For more information on mechanical switches and their importance, click here.
Regarding the keycaps, we use ABS doubleshot plastic ones for maximum contrast lettering and zero legend wear.
- Ordering a Logitech G613®? In that case, you're ordering a keyboard with Romer-G mechanical switches (Logitech's very own switches).
As for the keycaps, they are made from plastic.
- When purchasing our Glorious GMMK keyboard, the starting price for the customized (full & TKL) version is $59.99 (barebones). Depending on whether you choose mechanical switches and keycaps, the price can go up to $114.97.
- Getting the Logitech G613® will cost you $149.99. The keyboard comes with a built-in wrist rest, as well as Logitech's Romer-G mechanical switches (improved lifespan when compared to standard switches).
Some brand-specific features
- Glorious GMMK
- First mechanical keyboard taking modularity to the next level. Featuring hot-swappable switches for Cherry, Gateron, and Kailh branded switches.
- Lets you easily remove and install any MX-based switch without soldering. Simply pop out the switch just like a keycap, and mix/match to test out to your heart's content.
- Standard bottom row for maximum compatibility, i.e. same size for all keycaps at the bottom.
- Minimalist design, very easy to clean.
- RGB LED lights with 18 pre-installed effects and 1 slot for user-defined effect (variable animation speeds and brightness settings).
- Logitech G613®
- Comes with a built-in wrist rest (check out our Glorious wrist rests here).
- One of the few wireless high-end gaming keyboards available.
- Six programmable G-keys for custom macros and in-app commands.
- Up to 18 months battery life.
And while we're waiting for the first gmmk tkl reviews to arrive...
Just a note that we still got one more comparison article to go. And with that, we conclude our Glorious GMMK vs Logitech - g613 comparison test.