Glorious GMMK vs Das x40 Comparison Test
October 08, 2017
Over the past few weeks, we compared our Glorious Gaming Modular Mechanical Keyboard to flagship keyboards by other popular brands. What this means is there's only one more round to go, i.e. the Glorious GMMK vs Das x40 Comparison test. So, let's take a look at it!
This article does NOT talk about the overall benefits of using a mechanical keyboard. On the contrary, it assumes you already know the basics and pros of using mechanical keyboards. For more information on why mechanical keyboards are all the hype nowadays, click here.
NOTE - We are not affiliated with Das Keyboard in any way.
Glorious GMMK vs Das x40 Comparison Tables
|Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard (GMMK)||Gaming mechanical keyboard||Full, TKL||Sandblasted aluminum faceplate||US Layout||Available on website|
|Das Keyboard X40 Pro Gaming Mechanical Keyboard®||Gaming mechanical keyboard||Full||Interchangeable aluminum top panel||US Layout||Available on website|
Mechanical switches and keycaps
- About to order a Glorious GMMK? Then, you'll notice that we let you choose from 6 *different mechanical switches:
|Name||Gateron Green||Gateron Red
||Gateron Blue||Gateron Brown||Gateron Black|
*You can experiment with other mechanical switch brands with the Glorious GMMK. For more information on mechanical switches and their importance, click here.
Regarding the keycaps, we use ABS doubleshot plastic ones for maximum contrast lettering and zero legend wear.
- Ordering the Das Keyboard X40®? In that case, you're getting a keyboard with Alpha-Zulu gaming switches of the non-clicky, linear type.
X40® comes with laser-marked keycaps.
- When purchasing our Glorious GMMK keyboard, the starting price for the customized (full & TKL) version is $59.99 (barebones). Depending on whether you choose mechanical switches and keycaps, the price can go up to $114.97.
- Getting the Das Keyboard X40® will cost you $129.99. The Alpha-Zulu mechanical switches are included in this price.
Some brand-specific features
- Glorious GMMK
- First mechanical keyboard taking modularity to the next level. Featuring hot-swappable switches for Cherry, Gateron, and Kailh branded switches.
- Lets you easily remove and install any MX-based switch without soldering. Simply pop out the switch just like a keycap, and mix/match to test out to your heart's content.
- Standard bottom row for maximum compatibility, i.e. same size for all keycaps at the bottom.
- Minimalist design, very easy to clean.
- RGB LED lights with 18 pre-installed effects and 1 slot for user-defined effect (variable animation speeds and brightness settings).
- Das Keyboard X40®
- Interchangeable aluminum top panel, allows visual customization.
- Works absolutely fine without the need to install the official drivers.
- Five programmable macro keys.
- Alpha-Zulu mechanical switches make for a great alternative to Cherry MX (their main "rival").
Leave a comment!