Indie Gems: Otem's Defiance
July 26, 2017
Is defying the Gods really worth it?
Otem's Defiance is all about quick reflexes. It will take you ~15 minutes to learn the basics. After that, it's all about you being able to run, dodge, jump, and counter-attack when the time is right. And most of the time, it's lots of fun!
Why you should play it
- Perfect game to put your reflexes to the test
- Simple gameplay that can easily get you hooked
- Great art style and soundtrack
- Lots of different totems and rings that give you a sense of progression when you successfully overcome them
What might put you off
- If you prefer slow-paced games, Otem's Defiance has nothing to offer to you
- The gameplay formula may seem too repetitive
- Might make you rage at times
Plays similarly to
Any platformer / action game where death lurks around every corner